Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HAWMC Day 3 - Superpowers

Today's challenge is to pick a superpower that you would like and what would you do with it.






My husband and I were talking about this the other day because we were doing the questions I found on this blog. My husband said he would want to fly. Actually, his answer to a lot of questions was the ability to fly so I guess he just really wants to fly. 


how good does that look? 


So I'm about to write probably the corniest answer but it's something that I really believe so I'm going to go ahead and apologize in advance. 

I wouldn't want a superpower. I feel like I learn so much from my limitations that by changing that, I may prohibit my ability to grow. I also feel like we go through things in life for specific reasons and while they may not always be comfortable, there is a reason for those difficult situations. Maybe that's why child stars always end up with some kind of crazy life because they don't have to face adversity? Who knows, but I feel like the world works together in such a way that I can't understand but that by me taking my minuscule little mind and trying to change it with my limited understanding, I'd mess up something much bigger! 

So that was my answer - short and sweet - corny but true. 

Namaste Y'all! 


3 comments:

  1. Well, if your superpower is corny, maybe mine is too! I just wish I had the power to make those NOT affected by RA and other types of autoimmune arthritis understand how different they are from OA, which is what most people think of when they hear the word arthritis.

    Like you, I feel I've learned a great deal from the illnesses I have. I wouldn't be the ME that I am without them. I have learned compassion, empathy, flexibility (well mentally at least); I've made a bunch of friends that I would not have made if not for my diseases. So how could I wish I had a superpower that would change that?

    I am glad I am not the only person who feels this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I have had my struggles and I wouldn't change them because just like you said, they made me Me!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete